Legal protection of the trademark is limited to the country where it was registered. If your business is moving to an international level, you should protect your trademark ownership rights in all relevant countries.
Depending on your needs and budget, we can offer you the following procedures for the international registration of a trademark:
International trademark registration under the national procedure;
- your trademark can be registered in another country skipping the registration in your country;
- no one-country restraints. In each selected country, a trademark is registered in accordance with the current legislation of that particular country;
- your selected countries are not members of the Madrid System.
trademark registration under the Madrid System;
This option is available in the countries who joined the Madrid Agreement and / or the Madrid Protocol. To date, 85 countries have joined the Madrid System.
This is the easiest and most cost-effective way to extend the scope of the trademark to other countries.
- simple trademark application procedures. Only one application is filed (in English, French or Spanish) with the national patent office of your country, which then forwards the application to the International Bureau of WIPO;
- no need for patent attorneys in each country. This results in significantly reduced costs of trademark registration in contrast to registering your trademark in each country separately;
- as a holder of the international registration, you can specify countries where you may seek trademark protection in the future.
EU trademark registration.
This is a good way to register a trademark in all member-states of the European Union.
- simple trademark application procedure. Only one application is filed with The Trade Marks and Designs Registration Office of the European Union;
- a trademark not previously registered anywhere can be registered in the EU;
- the only real disadvantage is that the trademark registration in the EU requires unanimous approval by all EU countries.
The cost of application for international registration under the Madrid System:
- government charge for filing an application for international registration — 600 UAH;
- the World Intellectual Property Organization fee – depends on the number of countries and trademark type;
- agency fees — 2500 UAH;
To order international trademark registration, please fill out the free form.